In 2006, my dad was diagnosed with bone cancer. He was sent to Audie L. Murphy Veterans Hospital in San Antonio, where he spent more than a month while he underwent a stem cell transplant. While visiting the Alamo with him, I bought a pair of black Justin cowboy boots at an outdoor tent sale. They quickly became my favorite boots, and I've been wearing them for 7 years. I've worn a hole clear through the sole of the right one, but I keep putting them back on! My husband and friends laugh at me, and say throw them away. I can't really explain it, but they're sentimental to me, because of the circumstances. Dad came through the transplant and he's still here. As long as the boots are with me, I feel like Dad will be with me. Sounds crazy, but...I love my boots, and I'm planning on getting them resoled, and wearing them for another 7 years. Hopefully longer.
Since 1879 people have shared their boot stories with us. They shared them in person, by telegram, by letter and lately, by email. Now, you can share them here. Every boot has a story. We want to hear yours.
- 1.Boots are Cool!
- 2.My Justin workboots saved my foot, and possibly my leg.
- 3.My George Strait boots
- 4.Without a doubt, the best pair of boots
- 5.I have never had such a comfortable boot in my life!
- 6.Your work boots are the best I've ever worn
- 7.Cowgirl at Heart
- 8.Justin boots are the only boots for my feet.
- 9.These boots were made for travelin'
- 10.You're Not Cutting My Justins!