I got my first pair of vintage Justin Diamond J lacers from a flea market here in California. The boots were fully lined and exquisite. They just needed new laces and polishing. I cared for them, cherished them and had them resoled 3 times. I did not know where I could find new ones. Then I did some research, and the cobbler I went to for resoling and refurbishing, told me about the history of the boots. I wore these boots out for over 10 years, and gave them up, regrettably. I loved those boots so much. I looked online to see where I could get them. I have not found them yet. I recently got a pair of Justin Gypsy square toed orange suede boots. I want to get a new pair of black Chester ropers that lace up, with leather soles. It will be my goal to save up for them this year. It will be like being reunited with a long lost friend when I do achieve to get those boots again.
Since 1879 people have shared their boot stories with us. They shared them in person, by telegram, by letter and lately, by email. Now, you can share them here. Every boot has a story. We want to hear yours.
- 1.Boots are Cool!
- 2.My Justin workboots saved my foot, and possibly my leg.
- 3.My George Strait boots
- 4.Without a doubt, the best pair of boots
- 5.I have never had such a comfortable boot in my life!
- 6.Your work boots are the best I've ever worn
- 7.Cowgirl at Heart
- 8.Justin boots are the only boots for my feet.
- 9.These boots were made for travelin'
- 10.You're Not Cutting My Justins!